Bob has presented trainings internationally. He has organized over 20 conferences on Ericksonian hypnosis, brief therapy, trauma treatment, and energy psychology, training over 20,000 therapists.
Bob has a unique voice as a teacher. He creates bridges between different domains such as Ericksonian & Solution oriented therapy, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Energy Psychology, spirituality and even improvisational comedy. He is known for his creativity, sense of humor and authenticity. His workshops focus on helping clinicians develop skills that they can immediately implement.
Approved for 15 Clinical hours by NJ ASWB
The Mind-Body-Energy ToolKit: Clinical Approaches that Go Beyond Talk
August 7-11, 2017
Talking in psychotherapy is important. And there are many quality tools that help you go beyond talk. Does your therapeutic tool kit include approaches that purposefully and directly influence the body, sensory experience, and consciousness itself?
Effective psychotherapy helps people regulate the flow of information and energy within themselves and between themselves and others. The goal is to develop flexible and adaptive strategies to create meaningful and joyful lives, sometimes in the face of challenges and trauma.
Discover an integrative framework that includes the latest in neuroscience, trauma-informed treatment, resource and resilience based approaches and energy psychology.
You’ll learn specific tools that will significantly increase your effectiveness and flexibility as a therapist. For instance, when your clients are immobilized by trauma or overwhelming affect, can you help them resolve the problem in a matter of minutes? After this workshop you will.
We will focus beyond DSM diagnoses to patterns of information and energy flow on multiple aspects of the body, mind, spirit and relationship. After this experiential training you will walk away with skills you can immediately use.
First, we will focus on building a framework that allows you to integrate all of the approaches learned throughout the week. The ability to be able to move seamlessly between talking, body and energy approaches will be taught as well as linking each strategy to specific solvable treatment goals. Rapid approaches to affect regulation and emotional stabilization will be covered. We will work on the importance of developing therapeutic awareness and presence with specific exercises as well as a self-contained treatment for processing traumatic memories without abreaction.
We will learn how to use emotional freedom techniques (EFT) and other energy psychology approaches. With over 60 studies published in refereed journals, these approaches are both evidenced-based and clinically flexible. And then we will spend time dedicated to putting it all together so that you can make these approaches your own. We will emphasize therapeutic presence, sharpening clinical acumen and intuition. We will apply all of these approaches to different contexts such as anxiety, panic attacks, and couples work.
Foundations of an Integrative Mind Body Tool Kit
- Interpersonal Neurobiology–Polyvagal Theory
- The Science of Mind–Body Healing
- Resource & Resilience Based Approaches
- Trauma (small t and large T) Informed Treatment Strategies
- Creating More Effective Treatment Goals
Affect Regulation Strategies
- Rapid Transformation of “Negative” Internal Representations
- Building Connections to Safety
- Creating and Strengthening Boundaries
- The Power of Imagery Approaches
- Applied Polyvagal Approaches to Create Safety
- Advanced Consideration in the use of Breath
Consciousness Focusing Approaches
- Wheel of awareness training and other consciousness exercises
- Trauma Re-associative Conditioning to Treat Traumatic Memories without Abreaction.
Energy Psychology Methods
- Theory, Science & Research of EP methods
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- “Tapping” to Reduce Specific Emotions
- Identifying and Treating “Psycho-energetic Reversals”
Integrating therapeutic presence & clinical acumen
- Sharpening the Focus of Treatment
- Using Clinical Intuition with the Therapeutic Field
- How to Integrate These Methods Into the Rest of Your Practice
"Hands on techniques learned"
"The presenter was authentic, humorous, warm, interactive and made the learning experience engaging, memorable and fun. The material was relevant and effective."